Wednesday, July 16, 2014

10 Minute Hooded Towel

 
10 Minute Hooded Towel
 
This tutorial is probably the shortest and easiest one that I will put up... EVER.
 
This whole thing should take you a total of 10 minutes including the time it takes for you to dust off your sewing machine.
 
Hooded towels are so cheap and thin now its a crime. My aunt Chris made me one of these for my daughter when she was a baby and I went crazy from there. I couldn't believe that I had gone even a few months without one!!!!!
 
 
I like to catch the sales at Target when they have them on towels because I find there store brand to be nice and plush (thick). I have made gifted hooded towels from towels and washcloths from Walmart but I didn't like them as much so I only make them from Target towels (on sale) now. I got the towel for $4 and the wash cloth for $2.50 so my whole project cost me $6.50 and will last me years of bath times and pool time (and even play capes).
 
Start with a towel and washcloth. You can match them or have two different colors, the world is your oyster here. You can be super creative or super dull like me and have all matching towels with hoods.
 
Cut off the tags so they don't get scratchy.
 
 
Fold them each in half to find the middle of each the washcloth and towel.
 
 


 
Place a pin to mark the middle of each the wash cloth and towel. 

Open up both wash cloth and towel and line up the pins (center) to make sure the washcloth is centered over the towel. The towel is long-wise.



This project has such limited sewing it is crazy.
 
 
 
Pin the washcloth across the top.

 Fold the washcloth down into approximately thrids and pin on the sides.



 
 
Stitch where you have pinned (red dotted lines only).
 
And there you have it!!!

 
Sorry about the weird white circle!
 
TA DA!!!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment